About Direct To Garment Printers
Direct to Garment Printing, or DTG printing, refers to the method of using an inkjet printer to print directly on garments, primarily t-shirts. Though the technology has been around for many years, recent advancements have produced direct to garment printers that are reliable and user-friendly. The primary advantage of direct to garment printing is the ability to produce one-offs and small production runs without the setup costs associated with other methods, such as screen printing.
Ideal for Many Business Applications:
- Complement to screen printing, dye sublimation
- Variable graphics, and text printing
- One-offs, short run,s or production runs
- Corporate, promotional, and team shirts
- Special event shirts
- Prints on light & dark t-shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts
- Designed to print a range of sizes from infant-wear to the largest adult sizes
Modern DTG printers, such as the Epson F2100, utilize ink formulations that were developed specifically to print on cotton and cotton blends. Utilizing a sealed ink cartridge system, the printer can monitor ink levels, and replacing ink cartridges is a simple, no-mess process. CMYK inks also enable high quality prints covering a wide color gamut. Accurate and consistent color reproduction is made possible by the Garment Creator DTG printing software, included with the machine. Click here for more information on Epson F2100.