Baseball-style hats are a classic look. Though many variations exist, and trends come and go, one thing remains true—they are as popular in fashion, sportswear, casual wear, promotional products, workwear, and teamwear as ever! For embroidery business owners, this means it is absolutely necessary to invest in embroidery machines that are capable of producing quality embroidery on hats in a commercial embroidery environment.
A few commercial embroidery machines on the market today would be right at home in any embroidery shop, ready to take on a hat order. However, there are some things you should know about Melco's EMT16 PLUS commercial embroidery machine before you make a final decision to invest in one brand or another.
Melco EMT16 PLUS is a professional embroidery machine, engineered and designed with some specific features and functions, just for embroidery on hats. For example:
- Wide 270° sew field to accommodate large designs, or embroidery on the side of a hat.
- High speed embroidery machine—sew caps at a blazing 1200 stitches per minute (in many cases).
- Melco's patented Acti-Feed™ thread feed system adjusts thread feed automatically, a HUGE advantage for sewing on materials of varying thickness, such as the seam of a hat. Here's a short video on our YouTube channel that explains a bit more about Acti-Feed™ thread feed system.
- The adjustable presser foot easily accommodates a wide variety of hats.
- True Hoop Limits is a user-friendly feature that shows exactly where the design is positioned within the hoop, enabling accurate design placement.
- Small CYLINDRICAL lower arm—though not a new feature, this is one that sets Melco apart from other embroidery machines that use a SQUARE lower arm. The cylindrical shape of the lower arm on Melco EMT16 PLUS allows the natural round contour of a hat to maintain a consistent relationship to the lower arm, which helps produce amazing stitch quality.
- 3D embroidery—create the popular 3D look used on many sports logos and emblems.
As you can see, Melco EMT16 PLUS professional embroidery machines are built to produce quality embroidery on hats, at high speed. In addition to these specific features for hat-embroidery, there are other standard features that make EMT16 PLUS an excellent investment for those interested in industrial embroidery machine applications. Consider the following:
- EMT16 PLUS is a modular embroidery system. This means that multiple embroidery machines can be linked together using the Melco Operating System, or MOS. MOS controls ALL the embroidery machines on the network, so that they can run SIMULTANEOUSLY, yet independent of each other. This is a great advantage in production efficiency! Traditional multi-head embroidery machines require all embroidery machine heads to operate in unison. This means that a bobbin change, thread break, or other issue on one head requires ALL other heads to stop, until the issue is resolved. In contrast, with Melco EMT16 PLUS embroidery machines, a bobbin change or thread break does NOT require all the other heads to stop sewing—they keep working even when one head has stopped.
- This is a scalable embroidery system that grows with your business! Some of Melco's biggest customers started with only one or two machines. However, as mentioned above, the modular design allows for future growth. It's easy to add more embroidery machines to your network as production demands increase!
- EMT16 PLUS is a 16-needle embroidery machine—we like flexibility, and so do our customers! With 16 possible color options, you have lots of flexibility in how you set up each embroidery machine. Many people use the same color on multiple needles, reducing down-time for cone changes as thread runs low. However, each needle can also have a different color, allowing for smooth, seamless embroidery on more colorful designs, without tons of cone changes!
Choosing the right embroidery machine for hats is important. Perhaps equally important is the company behind the equipment. Embroidery machines are a big investment, especially in the commercial/industrial embroidery machine field. Melco embroidery machines are supported by an amazing staff of people that sincerely care about each individual customer. At Melco, we truly wish to see every customer succeed, fulfilling their dreams of owning and operating a successful embroidery business. From sales, to training, customer service, and technical support, Melco is based here in the United States, just outside of Denver, Colorado. When you need to contact us, you can expect to be in touch with a real person, ready to assist and address your specific needs.
I hope you found some useful information here on what makes Melco EMT16 PLUS a top choice for hat embroidery applications! Follow us on YouTube and Facebook, and also check out MelcoWorld. If you have any questions, please use this link to contact us directly.